According to the National Association of Realtors, over 92% of buyers begin their home search online, which means that the pictures of your home are the most important piece of marketing. The photos of your home will be the absolute first impression on a potential buyer and may determine whether they even want to bother looking at your home in person. The pictures must be done well enough that the buyer will want to make an appointment to see it. When your home features stunning professional real estate photography, you increase your chances of selling for a higher price.
- 92% of home buyers begin their search online
- Only 35% of Realtors use professional photography
- According to a 2010 Redfin study, homes with professional photos sell between $1,000 and $19,000 more than those without professional photos.
- The study also found that homes with a professional real estate photography receive 61% more online views
Quality Over Quantity
While many agents will post 100 pictures of a home, that can actually be counterproductive. We want to capture the right shots and angles, not just post as many as we can. The goal when we are marketing your home is to get people in the door, so they can see all the excellent features and benefits of your home. We don’t want to expose every inch of the home to the point that they feel like they have been there and don’t need to see it. A professional real estate photographer knows how to capture the best lighting, angles, and shots so that we can depict the home in the best possible light.
- Dull and sad landscaping and we can’t really get an idea of the space. A popular twilight shot with great lighting, the best angle that shows what’s important, and lush green yard helps the buyer to visualize it better
- Very dark room, no staging and an angle that make the room appear tiny. Staging, bright lights and depth make a world of difference
- The kitchen of your home needs to showcase it absolute best. Portrait orientation photos are usually a bad choice. There is clutter on the counter and no lights on. The professional picture show a kitchen that looks like a model home with bright lights, sparkling counters and an angle that captures the true size
If you interview agents to list your home, make sure that you are hiring an agent that stresses the importance of your home’s pictures and uses professional real estate photography. In a seller’s market many agents will cut corners since homes are selling so fast. Wesley & Co. always uses professional photographers and utilizes those photos in marketing material when exposing your home to the public. We would not recommend hiring the agent that plans on showing up with a cell phone to snap a few quick photos. Your largest investment deserves much more than that.
Call Wesley & Co. today to learn more about how we go the extra mile for our clients!