Tucked away between I-96 and M-59, Milford provides an engaged and eventful downtown district, affordable housing, and high end homes just outside the village.
The downtown scene has grown increasingly popular with locals as well as those coming from surrounding cities. Main St is lined with dozens of shops, boutiques and restaurants appealing to any taste. Every time of year there are events to complement the season, including farmers markets, parades, and concerts.
Milford, Michigan Real Estate
While the majority of Milford is located within Oakland County, a portion of the area does fall in Livingston County. Milford is a sought after location for growing families looking to raise their kids in a great school district and in great subdivisions. Many of the developments in the Milford area feature family-sized homes with spacious open yards and larger lot sizes. Plenty of room for the kids to run around and make neighborhood friends. For the parents, most of these areas are within a few minutes drive to downtown. For the first time buyer, investor, or new family, the homes in the Village of Milford are affordable and most are within walking distance to parks, shops, and restaurants.
According to local MLS data, in 2015 the median residential sale price was $287,000 and the average time on the market was days. The median condo sale price was $226,000.
Living in Milford, MI
Activities and Events in Milford
The Milford area is perfect for those who enjoy outdoor activities. With the Huron River running through the village, kayaking and canoeing is very popular. There are many parks in the area, notably Central Park, a 12 acre park which is walking distance to downtown and features an amphitheater, Veterans Memorial, and can even be rented out for events. Southside Park, Fairgrounds Park, Arthur’s Park, and Center St. Park are other excellent places to take the kids, play tennis, basketball, chess, or simply relax. The Milford Trail is a 3.6 mile route that runs from the YMCA to the Kensington Park entrance.
- Every spring and fall Milford hosts Ladies Night Out, where ladies can check out local businesses in the village and participate in giveaways, enjoy sales and discounts, as well as snacks and beverages
- The Milford Home Tour and Car Show is held the third Saturday in September and showcases unique homes in the Village and township. The car show draws around 350 participants and different awards are given out for the automobiles.
- The 4th of July parade is a big hit every year, drawing thousands to watch the veterans, color guard, fire trucks, and marching bands who make their way down Main Street.
- The Milford Farmers Market is held on Thursday afternoons from 3pm-8pm May thru October and attracts anyone who enjoys fresh fruits and vegetables, flowers and hanging baskets, fresh bread, homemade jams and jellies, crafts, and much more.
- Thursday’s in the summer in Milford continue to heat up with free concerts in Central Park’s LaFontaine Family Amphitheater. The new venue gets plenty of use and enjoyment and features great local bands and artists.
The General Motors Proving Grounds in Milford Township is a major part of the community. Covering 4,000 acres the area is used for different forms of vehicle testing for the automobile manufacturer. Nearly 5,000 people are employed at the proving grounds and many live and play in the surrounding area.
The Huron Valley School District serves Milford residents and those in nearby areas.
- Johnson Elementary
- Kurtz Elementary
- Muir Middle School
- Milford High School